cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra: Unable to set up mobile service

SRUSOC11
Explorer

Hi All

I have recently transferred my mobile phone service to EE business on a SIM only deal, using an eSIM on my iPhone 13 Pro Max (purchased from Apple).  I also own an Apple Watch Ultra which too was purchased from Apple.  One of the primary reasons for my switch to EE was the desire to utilise the mobile data functionality of the Apple Watch and this has so far been unsuccessful.

Whilst pairing the phone and watch is fine, when it comes to the Mobile Service Setup I am presented with a page with an EE header stating,

“Your Apple Watch plan is still activating.  It usually takes up to 4 hours to activate.  To check if you are activated please go to >My Watch App>Mobile Data.  If the Watch app still shows activating, you are almost there!

If Watch App doesn’t show as activating, we need to help finish the setup.  Call us on 150 with code 030.

You can carry on using your phone while the activation is in progress.  Click finish to close this page.”

In eventually getting through to a friendly first line support analyst, she walked me through a script to re-pair the watch and phone which result in no change.

Please can anyone suggest how best to solve this?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SRUSOC11   Make sure Wi-Fi is switched off on the phone/watch you have to be on cellular. 

Thanks for the swift response @Chris_B thought sadly no result.  I switched off the Wi-Fi on my iPhone and re-attempted, but this has resulted in a holding message advising to wait while the page is loading and which should take only a few seconds to complete.  The message ended up timing out returning to the main Apple Watch menu.

Same you me. Most annoying. Been trying to get this set up for weeks without any luck

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alandalley 

Have you spoken to our technical support team about this?

Chris

Yes I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they acknowledged there was a problem but no update since then

Sent from Alan Dalley iPhone
Christopher_G

It may be worth speaking again so they can look into this further for you, @alandalley.

Chris

Has anyone got this to work yet then?

I got the upgrade on Monday, last week by Friday 4 technical service people later imnow on a new Tarif which I didn't ask for, and who know what ill be paying every month for a watch that docent receive a mobile signal, is it an ultra issue or an EE issue,?

I've been told by 2nd line support that its a known issue and I have to wait 4 wks for a response which I don't really think is acceptable when I'm paying ee for a line on my watch which I cannot use, (consumer rights) not acceptable EE from one of the biggest providers the UK!

Christopher_G

Welcome to the community, @sh42.

The second line technical support team should have opened a ticket on your account, hopefully they'll get it working soon for you.

Thank you for your patience so far.

Chris