cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 003 and 012 error codes - Resolution

TrickyT
Contributor
Contributor

Thought I would post here to offer advice on anyone who has a issue with the following error codes 003 and 012.

I moved from Sky to EE as Sky do not support the Apple Watch with an eSim.

Got my account set up with 2 mobile lines, not issues.  However, when I went to add the data plan to my watch, it came up with an error code 003.

Speaking to Technical Support, it was down to a couple of issues.  Apparently being a new account, I could not add another line and then as I wanted to add another data account EE needed to do a further credit check.  

Both of these issues were address and I was told would take up to 24 hours to activate.  

I was a bit worried at first, as reading through some previous issues with 003, there were comments that it could take 3 months for me to be approved to add an extra line as I was a new customer.

When I next tried to add the data plan for the watch, I received error code 012, so another call to Technical Support.  Level 2 TS could not help, so I was upgraded to Level 3 TS.

The guy on L3 TS knew his stuff.  He looked into my account and found that I had an existing account with EE on the system, which was linked to my email address.  This must have been from when I was previously with EE probably 5 years ago.

What was happening was when I was trying to add a new data account, it didn't know which account I wanted to link it to, the system couldn't recognise the live account.

L3 TS removed my old account and then said everything should work.

However, he didn't just hang up, he walked me step by step through the process to ensure that I could then add a data plan for the watch, which worked perfectly.  This was a nice touch, which should be commended.

This may not work for everyone, but might give the Technical Support some guide on where to look for the issue.

Trevor

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @TrickyT

Thanks very much for sharing your experience and the solution. 

I am sure this will be very helpful to other customers 🙂

Leanne.

Forgot to mention and I am sure that this is important.  

Because I purchased my Apple watch direct from Apple, EE were not aware of its EID number which is a 32-digit number that is unique to the eSIM inside your Apple Watch

Trevor

Leanne_T

Thanks for the extra details @TrickyT

Have a lovely day. 

Leanne 🙂

Wolffman99
Visitor

Going through same problem now. During setup a message appears, instructing to call 150 and give them code 003.   Fifth attempt to speak with tech support, waited 25mins, finally got through and seemed they did not have a clue. Support guy kept putting me on hold and coming back to me. Call hen suddenly dropped.  So issue not resolved!!!!!!

Christopher_G

Welcome to the community, @Wolffman99.

I'm sorry to hear that. The technical support team will be able to investigate this and escalate to the next level if needed. I recommend trying to speak to them again.

Chris

prhayes
Visitor

Hi all, just to let you know I experienced the 012 error code when trying to add my watch. This post was very helpful. The EE support person was great and after letting her know an issue could be a previous account, she checked and confirmed that 2 accounts were showing for the same email address - she removed the old one. She also requested the EID number for the watch and said that needed to be added. So either one or both of those things fixed the problem and I was able to add the plan using the apple watch app without any issues. Hope this can help others.

Cheers,

Paul