cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passcode removal

Lynseyb24
Visitor

I have a passcode on my phone which i can't get past as i have broken the screen where some of the numbers i need are. Is there any way a passcode can be removed?

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Lynseyb24 

Do you have an Android phone or iOS?

The answer is substantially the same regardless - lock screens are designed to only be unlocked by the authorised user of the phone.

Android has at least, has remote unlock facilities if you've enabled and setup the option in advance - and I suspect iOS is probably similar.

Otherwise try taking a read of this article but be prepared to lose all your data. The PIN is there to protect that.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Lynseyb24 

Log into your main Apple/Google account and if you backed up your numbers should be saved online.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Lynseyb24   If it’s an iPhone 

Step 1 : Open the Find My app on your iPhone, iPhone, or other Apple device. You may need to log in. Otherwise, you'll be brought to the main menu.

Step 2 : Find and click on your iPhone in the list of devices.

Step 3 : Click on Erase iPhone.

Step 4 : Once the iPhone is erased, you'll be able to set it up as a new device or restore it from backup.

The problem you have is setting it up with a broken screen if it’s not recognising touch responses so you have issues setting it back up.