cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is "Network Locked" - Needs Code

RitzyJuice885
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a Tesco Mobile SIM card and inserted it into my Samsung Galaxy A71, however it seems the phone is "Network Locked" to EE, and won't let me use my new SIM without a passcode. I have no idea where to find this passcode, please help.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RitzyJuice885 : You can just apply for unlocking by using the Unlocking your device form and giving its IMEI no., which you can obtain be dialling *#06# into its keypad.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

OK, I entered my IMEI and received an "Unlock Code", but I'm not really sure what to do with it. It says to click on a link for instructions but the link just takes me to a help page with no relevant information.

Insert a non-EE SIM & supply the unlocking code when asked.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I did exactly that, and it told me it's the wrong code. I'm 100% sure I inputted the code correctly, but after numerous attempts it's adamant that the code is wrong.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RitzyJuice885 

What message shows on the phone when you enter the code? 

Leanne 🙂

"Enter MCK. Network Unlock Code blocked. Too many failed attempts."

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RitzyJuice885 

If this message now shows, could you try the below steps to see if this works for you? 

• Using the device unlock code, this should be 16 numbers, enter the last 8 numbers of the unlock code, then enter the first 8 numbers of the unlock code.
  • You should now be able to access the phone, if you can then restart the phone. This should be unlocked now for you.

Leanne