cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Blocked in UK

Blingshot
Explorer

I have an iPhone, purchased from the family of an ex-client who recently passed away. I've tried the EE Unlocking website using the IME but that doesn't work as it says the phone is barred. I have the previous owners Name and Post Code. What is the procedure to unblock ? I"ve installed an EE SIM but obviously can't send or receive texts so can't use the online system. Appreciate and advice or special numbers to deal with this problem. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Blingshot 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

If the device has been blacklisted you would need to contact the seller to get this looked into further. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Thank you Leanne, can you explain if the iPhone is black listed by EE or Apple?

I know the lady who owned this phone (sadly passed away in 2018) and I know her husband (now too sadly passed away in 2020) would have tried to close the account. Maybe he just stopped paying and so the account was closed and the phone blacklisted.

I have the original owners names and former post code and I want this phone unblocked. This is clearly a great way to sell more phones.

I will be taking this to the Ombudsman.

@Blingshot wrote:

Thank you Leanne, can you explain if the iPhone is black listed by EE or Apple?

I know the lady who owned this phone (sadly passed away in 2018) and I know her husband (now too sadly passed away in 2020) would have tried to close the account. Maybe he just stopped paying and so the account was closed and the phone blacklisted.

I have the original owners names and former post code and I want this phone unblocked. This is clearly a great way to sell more phones.

I will be taking this to the Ombudsman.

Unfortunately knowing their name and address doesn't mean EE will unbar it for you.

If it has been blacklisted only the original owner can do this. This isn't you. You are not even their trustee that is looking after their affairs.

The ombudsman will do nothing because of the same reason so going to them will be pointless. You need to contact the person who sold you the phone and get a refund.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Check it out on CheckMEND to see if it's been blacklisted & by whom.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)