Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Samsung S9+ to Android 11

Bob_Moore
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Samsung S9+ running Android 10

I have an app that I need for my hearing aids by Signia but it runs better on Android 11

How can I update to Android 11 or even 12 ?😃

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bob_Moore,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, I don't believe Samsung have offered any software updates beyond Android 10 for that model (aside from security patches).

You would automatically receive a notification on your phone if it becomes available.

James

Hi, yes I know...But the app I'm using does not like working under Android 10.. 😄I cannot afford to upgrade my phone at present as I'm retired... Hence asking for the update, having spoken to Samsung they say it's the network provider that has the final push on the update... Sent from my Galaxy
James_B

Hi @Bob_Moore,

All updates are pushed out by the manufacturer, rather than the network. Network providers are only involved in testing, if the manufacturer chooses to release a network specific update, rather than a generic one for a particular device.

James

Hi James_B, yes I thought that was the case. But when I queried this with Samsung support they said I would have to check with my network provide i.e. EE !

I am finding that the 'Signia App'  Version 2.6.50.12330 prefers Android 11 as a minimum requirement!

I believe some of it is down to the version of Bluetooth currently provided/supported by my current phone.

I find that every time I want to stream from my TV, I have to restart my Samsung Galaxy S9+ otherwise the Signia app cannot 'see' my Bluetooth connection to the TV ! As I'm retired I cannot afford to upgrade my phone to a newer model, and I don't know whether updating the bluetooth on it is even feasible ?

I am at my wits end with this at the moment... 😞

James_B

I'm sorry to hear you were given incorrect information when you contacted your phone's manufacturer @Bob_Moore 

As all software and OS updates are developed by the hardware manufacturer, we don't have the ability to push any updates to your device.

Your phone supports Bluetooth 5.0 which is fairly up to date so I wouldn't expect that to be causing issues.

James