cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock mobile

Marty34
Investigator
Investigator

Hi have a brand new Sony xperia EE mobile had it a while now,I have been trying to unlock it,but follow instructions but nothing happens ,I phoned technical support, they can't do it either,any suggestions why it won't unlock

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Marty34 

It shouldn't be network locked. Are you sure it's not blacklisted.

Are you the original owner.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Marty34  Do you mean unlock so it can use a different network?  This is a network unlock or do you mean unlock so you can access the device ?  

Hi I had this phone on Ee contract,but because I still liked using my previous phone I never used it,so it is brand new ,but I have been trying with the imei number to unlock it,its my phone never been reported lost or stolen ,I have been in contact with EE terminal surport they can't unlock it,so I really don't no why,it won't unlock

Yes so I can use a difrent network sim in it,its never been reported lost or stolen ,its just I never used it as I still liked my previous phone,but,my  ee phone will only pick up a signal with WiFi calling now,has I used to have a signal booster box ,but ee stopped them and never told me

It is locked as I tryed my o2 sim I got in it but says no service,just wondered why should be blacklisted when it never been used xx

@Marty34   The signal box got deactivated because 3G is being switched off.   

When do you get this device ?   All phones sold after 21st December 2021 are sold unlocked.   If the device is network locked a IMEI number will not unlock the device you need to make a request to unlock it HERE or you need to call customer services. 

I phoned ee on 150 and spoke to technical team, they tryed with my imei number and they were stuck to,he also sent that link were you put your 15 didget code  but still didn't work

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marty34 

I can see you have tried another network SIM and the phone is locked, to get this looked into you would need to call us again and the team will see what is needed to unlock the device.

Leanne 🙂

Ok I will try in the week,I have really had enough with it over last few days,