cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

747 REPLIES 747
Kamiji95
Visitor

Yes I got one 

Totally agree with this comment. Recently  had the same situation. Definitely a data breach and this needs to be looked into!

Data breach 💯

Boyzee43
Visitor

Hi there I sent off for new earphones weeks ago with my points and they still not been delivered I'm worrying to be honest as I used all my points to get them anyone know what I can do to make sure there aware of my order 

Many thanks x

@Boyzee43   What points.   It’s a scam.    Change your passwords to everything you have gave these scammers..   you might want to read THIS 

The text you responded to for this so-called "reward" came from an arbitrary mobile no., not "-EE-" that EE would use, & directed you to a website that isn't in EE's domain. It's obviously a scam. Why did you believe it? You need to take more care in future about carefully studying all text & web invitations & offers.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Steviewizkid
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If you have replied to a text message this is a scam and not from  EE did you enter any personal information I.e bank account details or passwords if please contact your bank ASAP and change any passwords you entered.

C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Boyzee43

As stated by other posts this is a scam that has been going around for sometime now and I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. As advised by the other posts your first port of call should be your bank explain what has happened and they will work with you to resolve any issues. Then I would change any relevant passwords just to be sure.

As another member has stated EE does not do a rewards points scheme. If you still have the original text message then forward it to 7726.

I hope you get things sorted.

L33l8ws0n
Visitor

Got this text

Hi from EE, We've notice that the EE Points in your account (5340 points) will expire in 3 working days. Please redeem the points for available rewards in time. 

Is it a scam?

@L33l8ws0n  It’s a scam.   Report it by forwarding the message to 7726 ( SPAM) then the number when prompted