cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1 V

Jamboglasgow
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Can you tell me if the Sony Xperia 1 V will be available as I can't see any other Sony phones listed on your site. 

12 REPLIES 12
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamboglasgow 

Please see our What’s new at EE | New devices coming soon, for any upcoming new devices. 

You can also register your interest for any Sony device that may become available to order on EE. 

Leanne. 

Mike1871
Investigator
Investigator

I have received a pre-order email notification today from Sony as I’m too interested in this mobile. 
Shipping date says 30.06.2023 which I’m guessing is the release date. 
Couldn’t decide whether it would be cheaper to buy directly from Sony or wait to get it from EE. 

I’m guessing we will have to wait at least a couple of weeks before there’s anything with the carrier to pre-order. 

I Just received the same email. It seems only to be available direct from Sony or from Amazon. 

I think I'll hang off and see what happens with EE as I'm due an upgrade at the end of the month but worried they aren't carrying any other Sony phones at present. 

Pretty much in the same boat here, been hanging off getting an upgrade in the hope EE would be getting it in stock, tbf spoke with someone at EE the other day about them removing all Sony phones from stock and he says they did same with Google pixels when the new one was due out, so might find pre-orders for networks are out a bit later compared to direct from Sony

Appreciate that I'll definitely give them until at least the end of June before looking elsewhere. I've heard O2 pre-order opens on 19th June. I've been with EE a long time though so fingers crossed they don't let us down. 

Thank you Leanne but the coming soon section only has Google phones. Keeping my hopes up you guys haven't dropped Sony. 

P.S I want the Sony Xperia 1 V in Khaki green so please have options 😉

Deejdave
Visitor

Same here, been an EE customer most of my adult life, don't want to have to switch to O2. I've been hanging on from upgrading waiting for this phone to drop. 

Defo cheaper to buy in the long run from Sony/Amazon. Amazon offering spread payments too which is nice. Hopefully other shops will get stock soon and then show up for competitiion. Presume Very and other outlets will get some in UK. 

Using Xperia 1 iv data now as a ballpark as came out in June 2022

Phone cost £1299 on normal 24 mnths contact at average of £50 (Xperia 1 IV is listed today as £43pm) This will be higher though.

Thats £1,200 over 24mnths. Without talk of insurance, addons etc. Estimate figure standing around £ 2,499. Crazy how much it adds up compared to go sim only

Mike1871
Investigator
Investigator

When I was looking at the Xperia 1iv last year it’s was around £90 per month for the phone & contract on EE.
I believe the Mark V is priced between the IPhone 14 pro max & the S23U. 
I did compare other networks but it’s about the same price across the board. 

So, I would estimate the Xperia 1v + contract would be on par with the S23U. 
Looking at the breakdown on Sony, it’s £54 on a 24 month plan with a £250 upfront payment.
A sim only from EE is about £26. So, £80 in total.

Agree it’s cheaper in the long run to buy the Phone outright from Sony, especially if you buy it without credit.  Although, if you can’t than I’ve found it easier getting a Phone via EE etc than getting credit agreed by a retailer.