cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy fold and flip screen issues

elchrisso79
Contributor
Contributor

Well the saga continues...like most fold and flip customers my inner screen is faulty, developing a fault which both EE and Samsung are fully aware of, they are behaving contrary to consumer rights law and the phones are not fit for purpose, I took this as far as I could go with the utterly disinterested, unhelpful and sometimes rude customer service team at EE, they said they would send me a deadlock letter enablimg me to open a case with the telecommunications ombudsman but so far no letters apart from bills and threats of debt collectors when I was late paying a bill due to my disgust in the company.

Anyone had any joy in sorting their flip/fold screen? or anyone have an open case with the ombudsman? 

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @elchrisso79 

I've replied to your other thread, but realised here that you have already raised a complaint. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't come to a resolution.

To discuss the deadlock letter, you'll need to speak to our complaints team again.

Keep us posted on what happens please.

Thanks

Chris

Too late, I will inform the ombudsman of the lack of a deadlock letter, I'm sure that will strenghthen my case, also I'm communicating with watchdog and their consumer rights team as you are in breach of consumer rights law 

holly1236
Investigator
Investigator

Totally agree, faulty product not fit for purpose and just get bounced between EE and Samsung, terrible customer service from EE. I've usually had a great service but not in this instance sadly.

Unfortunately I can't give you any good news and for now I've given up as there's simply not enough time to keep pursuing it.

Leanne_T

Hi @holly1236 

I am sorry to hear this. 

What have Samsung advised? 

How long have you had the device? 

Leanne 🙂

holly1236
Investigator
Investigator

15 months, advised that there would be a repair charge.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @holly1236

I am sorry to hear this, did you send the device to us or Samsung for repair? 

Leanne. 

holly1236
Investigator
Investigator

I haven't sent it for repair as it is clearly a design fault with the phone, as noted by so many other people on this forum. The zflip is not fit for purpose and I shouldn't be having to pay for it to be repaired!

Leanne_T

Thanks @holly1236 

I would suggest giving us a call on 150 and the team will see what they can do to help. 

Leanne.

Standard answer, I don't have time to be making more calls to be told the same thing. Thanks though.