cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Plus Battery must be faulty

tvincett66
Investigator
Investigator

I've had the S22 Plus for a month or so now and after having initial doubts about the battery I can now confirm the battery is absolutely horrendous.  For example, go to bed with 55% battery, wake up 7 hours later to see 28%.  No apps, no alarms, nothing.  This isn't normal, I have a 5 year old S9 that lasts longer than this, especially when not being used.  I have tried all the tricks to 'save the battery' that are promoted but they don't work.  Is it possible mine is faulty and can be returned?

7 REPLIES 7
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @tvincett66  Have you looked at your battery usage stats? Maybe charge up fully, leave overnight and see what is says in the morning?

Any battery stats in particular?  I have tried all the tips to reduce battery and it doesn't work.

I have charged it up and it comes to about the same % reduction, c20%.  When you're not using the phone at all and no apps etc this isn't normal surely.  My old S9 would retain almost 95%+.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You should be able to see a list of what apps and services have used the battery. 

So yes it's not normal, but it could just be a background app is causing it.

Screenshot_20230211_092548_Device care.jpg

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @tvincett66 

Your phone using 3% an hour is about right as it will always be connected. Comparing your new device to a 5 year old device with old technology is no comparison. Simply put new devices use more power. 

• If you want to save battery turn off 5G. 
  • Run the device care app. 
  • Over time your device will start to deactivate inactive apps which will save battery. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I had a look and no apps were being used. The battery died in the middle of the night and my alarm didn't go off....!

So in 4 years time we'll have phones that lose 8% of battery an hour? Look forward to that! My S9 was pretty advanced and does everything this S22 can, but with worse camera.

Anyway, I've turned everything off that makes this phone supposedly good. It's in dark mode to save light. The nice screen rate has been reduced. The few apps I have are in sleep mode. Conclusion: phone battery is abysmal or faulty.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tvincett66 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please call us on 150 and our tech gurus will run through some troubleshooting with you and help you get this sorted.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.