cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 hotspot Android

harjot_7
Visitor

Whenever i try connect my ps5 to my 5g hotspot it connects to the access poiny. However cant connect to the Internet. It says this message below. Any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No message below can be seen.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
TechSlugz
Investigator
Investigator

Hay. I am playing fortnite where I need low ping and no packet loss or I get killed cause they take my builds.

I had the same problem as you. If you click options button on your controller and click frequency setting and change to 5GHz, make sure your phone hotspot is also 5Ghz or if ypur phone can only use 2.4GHz, then select that on both your hotspot and PS5. I have also allowed an app from google play called fwd to poet forward my connection for me. Im not sure if it is actually working however. There are 2 anti lag and low ping apps that apparebtly give you a stabe connection. When I was using just the last 2 that I mentioned, I seemed to get a better connection.

Also do a manual wifi set up and change your dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 which are google and cloudfare free servers that seem to be good for fast speeds for gaming, or if you got an type c usb to ethernet converter (might be mini usb in your case depending on android model) that might work better but you got to try it for yourself I haveny yet and cant until my adapter arrives 

One last thing to look into is using UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), to port forward. Just google what ports to forward for tcp and udp. I havent figured out this fully eithet but I have shared what I know so far. I hope it helps you. Let me know 🙃😊