cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 8 Signal Problems

MattJThompson
Explorer

Hi there, have had a Pixel 8 for two days now, One physical SIM and one eSIM (both EE). Upgrade from a OnePlus.

Signal is terrible , phone calls with garbled and delayed speech and data showing with 4G but intermittently not able to load websites. Signal also fluctuates when phone is stationary.

Have the problem on both the eSim and traditional SIM connections, have disabled WiFi calling to eliminate that.

Have traveled across South Wales and Hereford and unable to hold a phone conversation in places which are fine on the OnePlus. 

Spent an hour in support to Google last and still an issue. Trying to work out if it's a phone or network issue. 

Has anyone else had similar problems with the Pixel 8 on EE and how did you resolve it?

Don't want to return the phone, but it's unusable as it is.

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Onscreen coverage fluctuating can be perfectly normal, but poor call quality should not be happening when you're using 4G-calling.

Does 4G-calling/VoLTE show onscreen when you have problems? The best way to identify a phone or network issue is to test the same SIM in both phones. If one phone operates as expected and the other doesn't, then self-evidently the issue has been identified.

Edenfort
Visitor

Have had the same issues with the Pixel 8. Calls drop out constantly, people can't hear me properly. Fantastic phone, but just doesn't seem to make calls well. Sending back. 

Thanks. It just shows 4G next to the signal strength icon in the top bar.

Can't test the eSim in the old phone, but the normal SIM works perfectly for calls and data in the old phone, not in the Pixel 8.

Speaker and mic are fine as WhatsApp calls (over WiFi) are perfect.

Believe it's the phone at fault, returning on Monday. It's a shame, because other than when using as a phone, it's great!

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming 4G signal shows @MattJThompson

I'd recommend giving us a call so our technical care team can take a look into this further for you. 

Katie

Stuart137
Visitor

Yes mate, so far the pixel 8 has been a problem for me, dropping calls, not connecting to the printer through WiFi, think I'm going to drag my pixel 6 out the draw till I can find a fix, unfortunately my 8 it's all paid for otherwise I'd take it back