Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6a fingerprint issue.

Fraza76
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I've had the new pixel 6a for a month and to be quite honest it's driving me mad! The fingerprint recognition simply does not work!!! as it should 9 times out of 10 I have to put my pin in because it refuses to recognise my fingerprint.

My question is can I change my pay monthly phone for a different make? Whilst I know it is not EE's fault, I do feel I have been sold a faulty product.

7 REPLIES 7
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Fraza76  Have you tried to delete and re-register your fingerprints? Have you got a screen protector installed?

Hi, yes I've tried all the fixes possible. I've just spoken to ee technical support, really unhelpful and I've been left with a sub-standard phone on a 2 year contract with a company I no longer want to do business with.😔 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fraza76

What did our technical support team advise when you called? 

Have you tried a factory reset on the device after backing up your data? 

Leanne.

Hi, I was told to take it up with Google and it wasn't EE's problem. The young man I spoke with was abrupt telling me he wasn't prepared to get into a "debacle" about it with me, I only asked if it was possible to swap it with a different phone. I explained that as a customer if I bought a TV I would return it to the place of purchase and not the manufacturer, but he wouldn't have any of it! " No, no , take it up with Google"  he said 🤷🏼‍♂️ very poor service🤷🏼‍♂️

Leanne_T

Hi @Fraza76

How long have you had the phone? 

Have you tried the factory reset? 

We do offer a repair service, in store or if you sent the device for repair this would be returned to you. 

Leanne.

Hi 

I've had the phone for 4 weeks, the 1st month of a 2 year contact. Would rather have another phone.

Leanne_T

Hi @Fraza76

I would suggest getting back in touch with our technical support team to get this looked into. 

Leanne.