cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOGLE PIXEL 8 PRO PORCELAIN. DELIVERY STILL WAITING!

BoMenzzz
Visitor

Hey guys, 

I ordered a Google Pixel Pro 8 256GB Porcelain on the 12/11/23. When upgrading, I thought I would upgrade my Partners phone to the Obsidian version of the Pixel 8 Pro, add a pixel watch and change over to the BT internet. 
When upgrading I got told that maximum wait would be up to 7 days. My partners phone and watch came 2 days after the upgrade.

To this day I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY PORCELAIN PIXEL. I've been in contact multiple times to be told, "there is  21 day wait.. oh it should be with you this week, oh actually it's potentially an additional 14 day wait now." 

I'm getting told so many different things, and still yet to receive any actual information on where my device is. I understand if being out of stock, but for THIS long? when every other company seem to have them in stock. It's unfathomable. 
If I had known that there would be this much of an issue getting this phone I would've gone elsewhere. But being a loyal EE customer for 10+ years I thought I would stick with them. 

So all in all, no doubt looking at 2024 for this phone.. I'm really not happy.
I'm really not normally someone to get so wound up about situations, but this is just ridiculous. 

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BoMenzzz 

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like the estimated wait times you're being given is for new orders on that date. The current wait for new orders today of that version is to expect dispatch within 14 days. Older orders are completed before those, in the order in which they were placed, so you should receive it within 14 days.

If you would like to discuss or amend your order, I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team again.

Chris