cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 storage issues

aje23
Explorer

As a user you may be aware of Google Pixel 6 issues with storage. I brought this phone for the camera and also thinking storage will be better because it backs up to Google (automatically) which is doesn't. 

But also it's probably the worst phone I've ever experienced for storage due to it have no external storage option, it's at the point where its failing, getting warm, flagging up, and certain basic features are not working. You can't even delete things to free up space. I have no apps on it or anything. 

So my question is has anyone found any sort of third party solution to solve this or anything even an external plug in device maybe??

Thanks in advance, no advice is too small😅

3 REPLIES 3
aje23
Explorer

I'm a huge "capturing memories" seeker, but have missed being able to photograph some big one of events which I'm gutted about. Ovbiosuly the internal storage is high but only gets you so far. And it's so inconvenient not being able to have any apps. Currently I'm using my old phone for apps which is a nightmare going from 2 phones. 

@aje23  It will backup if you enable it.  You might want to read THIS 

holmevale
Contributor
Contributor

@aje23 this very odd - I have never had any problems copying or moving files from any of my Pixels to another device - PCs etc usually 'see' it as storage when you plug it into a usb port as long as you select file transfer in the Pixel's usb connection menu when it pops up. When I use a usb C to A adapter and plug a usb drive in - the Pixel recognises it as storage and I can copy files to it for extra storage on the go. So no issues with storage.