cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P20 Lite ANE-LX1

Daderb
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have 3 email accounts that all work fine on my laptop.

On my phone ONE account has stopped displaying received or sent emails.

I can send email from that account to the other 2 fine, but the email does show in the Inbox or Sent folders on the ONE account...?

Thanks for any help.... 

9 REPLIES 9
Daderb
Investigator
Investigator

In that account there is a "1" beside the Sent folder... But not in the other two accounts.?? 

@Daderb have you tried resetting up your email accounts on your device ? 

Hi, doesn't that wipe my data, emails etc?

If not what do I need to do?

Thanks... 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Daderb.

This wouldn't wipe your data, simply remove the email accounts from the phone then re-add them.

Often doing this would rectify any bugs with the email account on the phone.

You should be able to do this in settings.

Jon

Thank you Jon...

Sorry, but when I click remove this message shows... I assume all this data is on the server and will appear on the phone when the address is re-added? 

Screenshot_20220503_091046.jpg

If you want to be 100 percent certain, double check your email account is set up as IMAP and not the older POP.

It should be, as pretty much all are IMAP these days, , in which case All your emails Inbox and Sent mails are stored on the email Server. 

If, for some reason you have an older POP Set up, you may want to rethink any deletions and come up with a Plan B.,

Am I right in assuming that all data will be restored? 

As said if it's an IMAP account and you set the Email App account up as IMAP then it's al held on the Server., So if you delete then reinstall the App it will Auto load your Messages back onto the email App..

If it's an Older POP email account then it won't do this.

My setup is imap...

Thanks very much everyone, that worked... 👏👍🙏