Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unlock code

Guest_Guest
Contributor
Contributor

All ready got the 16 digit unlock code from ee site & had it emailed

Got a free sim from giff gaff, activated it online including setting up an account, but not setup payg or monthly & no intension of doing so.   All I want to do is unlock my phone from EE.  When I put the giff gaff sim in I am greeted with a message Sim network pin blocked.  Enter sim network puk

Entering the 16 digit number I get network unlock unsuccessful, have double checked not got 6 or 9 mixed up - not mixed them up

Phone was bought outright directly from  ee in 2017.  I guess calling 150 will get the same 16 digit number.  Any viable soulutions

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Guest_Guest 

Welcome to the community.

The PUK code is different to an unlock code. It sounds like the PIN number for the other network's SIM card has been locked and you would need a PUK code from them to unlock it and set up a new PIN. Once that's done, you should be able to enter the unlock code provided.

Chris

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G

Hi @Guest_Guest 

Welcome to the community.

The PUK code is different to an unlock code. It sounds like the PIN number for the other network's SIM card has been locked and you would need a PUK code from them to unlock it and set up a new PIN. Once that's done, you should be able to enter the unlock code provided.

Chris

I have just got an unlock code but have been unable to find anywhere to enter it

Leanne_T

Hi @jakeellington 

This would be enter on the device you want to unlock when you have another network SIM card installed and are prompted for the code. 

Leanne.

My s10 is showing Network Code Blocked because you have entered the wrong many times. How do I fix this I want to use other networks on my phone.

James_B

Welcome to the EE Community, @Cyberjay 🙂

What is the full error message you see?

James

Network unlock code blocked. Too many incorrect attempts. 

James_B

Does it ask you to enter a MCK code, @Cyberjay?

James

Yes. It showing enter MCK.

Screenshot_20231227_122156_Call settings.jpg

James_B

Hi @Cyberjay,

On this screen, enter the last 8 numbers of your unlock code. On the following screen, enter the first 8 digits.

Hope this helps.

James