Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Ceased Working

nativevs
Investigator
Investigator

Phone Model: Sony Xperia M2 D2302

So, another of these posts...

After having come out of Airplane mode when I returned to the UK my phone decided to no longer transmit or recieve any mobile data.

I've gone through the usual steps of restarting, SIM re-insertion, Airplane mode faff, resetting of all APNs and manually getting it set back up as well as using the online service to get the automatic install sent over (https://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet).

As this has happened once before many years ago and magically fixed itself when I changed my pack I have the weird feeling the problem lies most likely with EE.

11 REPLIES 11
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Presumably PAYG?, how long have you been out of the UK?, Pack Expired or not renewed?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Given the reference to packs in the original post, then PAYG hibernation is indeed the first thing to check.

Please read the first post in this thread and confirm when your last chargeable action was.

nativevs
Investigator
Investigator

I was still using Data earlier that morning before getting on the plane, so highly unlikely to be forced into hibernation. Also just renewed the pack a week prior.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

For reference, and taken from the page I linked to, "Calls, texts and data usage made using your allowance from your pack do not count towards a chargeable activity"

Pack renewal I believe does count.

Just using data isn't a chargeable action. You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I would assume renewing a pack is considered buying a pack? And I just topped up to buy said pack.

Normal phone activity is still functional thus hibernation seems highly unlikely.

Yes, to renew it you have to pay credit for it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So hibernation is very unlikely to be the issue as I mentioned a few posts ago.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @nativevs

If you place your SIM into another device does it work?

Katie