cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting icon TNT Sports

kernowhoop
Contributor
Contributor

I have lost the casting icon on my Android phone for TNT Sports. I have the BT Sport to big screen add-on as part of my EE package. I can get the sport on my phone screen, but there is no icon to cast it to my Sony TV.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kernowhoop   It doesn’t show because it’s not compatible.  You’ll need a Google  chomecast in order to cast to your TV 

kernowhoop
Contributor
Contributor

Chris. Many thanks, I shall have to get the device. But I am puzzled. Until recently, it worked. 

Incidentally, I called in at the local EE shop this morning to ask for help. I was told that it would probably come back to life if I switched the phone off and re-started it. Not too confident about that one!

djenson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sony Bravia TVs have had integrated chromecast since something like 2016. I personally have a 2017 model that has native casting support. 

@kernowhoop I would suggest you test if the Chromecast icon is there (and working) in youtube. If not, your TV has a network issue, If so, then try to reinstall the TNT sports app. 

kernowhoop
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks. It is there. I can hardly believe that the answer was as simple as it was, but, (following EE shop advice) I switched off the phone, waited, re-started it and the casting icon re-appeared. That seems to be the solution to a great many IT-related problems!