cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App passwords

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just upgraded android phone used smart switch which brought everything over, but no app has login details or passwords and general odd ones I use without app like sainsburys has no password or login details, how do I get all these across?

17 REPLIES 17
Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Please any help would be appreciated 

Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Apps - unless you use a password manager that will autofill then you’ll have to re-enter the passwords on your new phone. 

Websites - if you use Chrome and were signed in on your old phone then autofill should sync across when you sign in on your new phone.  

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Techhead @thanks for info, ee said it would all come across and even when I googled doing smartswitch it said yes all app passwords will come across, this is a nightmare trying to remember every on

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Techhead also some apps like Snapchat been set up donkeys years ago so have no idea login details again  I'm sure there has to be a way

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Smokey74,

Most Android devices will ask if you want your phone to remember the password the first time you enter it. If you didn't say yes to this at the time, the password won't be saved in your backup.

For any apps you've lost the password for, you can use the password reset option.

For Snapchat, please see accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/password_reset_request.

Hope this helps.

James

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_B @ Yes I always say remember password etc, but even Facebook, Instagram etc etc I'm having to log into each one  it's a nightmare especially when told this would all come across, things like ring doorbell down to Snapchat basically every app on phon

James_B

Hi @Smokey74,

I'm sorry to hear that. If you have any difficulties recovering a password for a particular app, please let me know so I can help.

James

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_B meant to add when logging into these the ones I can remember it's not coming up saying remember password etc so when upgrade again same thing gonna happen. My email address changed as well 2 years ago so logging in to all these apps trying to remember if old or new email. My friend upgraded her phone other week and her smart switch she had done in shop and it kept all her wi fi codes of places she been as well as her home, she didn't need to do anything 

James_B

Hi @Smokey74,

Yes, that's been my experience when upgrading too. Were you given any options on what you'd like to transfer when you did it?

James