cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EETV Sport Ultimate Cannel

Chirpy1960
Investigator
Investigator

Having become more and more annoyed about the lack of content on the EE Sport Ultimate (UHD ) channel 433 where whenever I put it on there’s just rolling adverts I contacted EE by phone . I was told that this channel is no longer in use and that because UHD 4K is in my VIP Package when I view sport on the HD channels if it’s being transmitted in UHD that what I’m viewing it in . Not sure if this is correct or whether I’m being fobbed off and yet still paying for UHD that I’m not getting . 

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry for the misinformation you've been provided @Chirpy1960 - the agent is totally wrong with what they said.

Although it's labelled as a "channel", it's really event-based - when there's an event (e.g. a football match) available in UHD, it'll be shown there.  For the rest of the time, the channel is offline across most platforms (i.e. it's not listed as an available channel to watch), and just shows looping adverts on a TV Box.

Replays of previous UHD events are available in the discovery+ app.

I put channel 433 on last night to watch the Champions League Semi Final between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid but right up to the kick off time 8pm it was just scrolling adverts . The Champions League along with Premier League and the Rugby have always been part of the UHD advertising. Technical have said there’s something scheduled on there tomorrow at 19:30 which could be a Europa League game ? Do you know why the Champions League matches don’t seem to be on there anymore . Have EE lost the rights to show them ? 

This has been asked in a number of places, and we're trying to get an answer from discovery+.  It'll either be technical or contractual.  My understanding is that it was never advertised as being on Ultimate though - if it's not shown in the TV Guide, then it most likely won't be on the channel.