cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EETV EXTRAS / ADD ONS

Eastie19
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I was told I could change my package month;y or add on extras on a monthly basis as the app confirms in the options - however on ringing EE to add on the cinema extra at £9.99 a month I’m told they are unable on the system to add on any extras or change any packages and this has been the case for the last month? 

surely this is mis selling the product on the basis you can change packages monthly and now be told they are unable to make any changes on the new EE packages?

7 REPLIES 7
Hickster2024
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get a resolution on this @Eastie19 ?

Weerab2024
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It's mostly your luck with who you get on the phone. 

It should definitely be an option as it is with BT packages. 

EE TV Pro, EE mini box, Full Fibre 500
Hickster2024
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue. EE are unable to add HD TNT/Now Sports to my package nor are they able to dispatch an Apple TV 4K box to me to compensate for the absence of the YouTube app (and many others for that matter) from the EETV Box Pro and EETV Box Mini. Reading other threads on the EE Community forums the EETV product launch (and that of EE Broadband) has been nothing short of disastrous. From my numerous calls to EE Broadband and TV customer services I've lost count of the number of EE staff I've spoken to who basically don't have a clue about many aspects of the TV product (the majority don't know that the Apple TV 4k box is offered) let alone what all these technical gremlins EE are obviously experiencing with the product. Extremely frustrating.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@Hickster2024 wrote:

…compensate for the absence of the YouTube app (and many others for that matter) from the EETV Box Pro and EETV Box Mini.

YouTube has supposed to be coming to YouView, then BT, now EE TV boxes for about 6 years and counting.

If you want to be able to record streamed and/or aerial delivered channels, then you need a Pro Box, but this has limited access to apps you might expect to be included.

Going down the Apple TV 4K route will give you a full TV Guide and all the apps under the sun, but no recording. Horses for courses, caveat emptor etc.

On a Pro Box, catch up apps like itvX, Channel 4 and My5 are present but not as fully featured as those on an Apple TV and deliver SD quality, even if you buy a premium subscription. You cannot skip the ads if you record any itv channel unless you are connected via aerial.

Key missing apps for me to make the Pro Box a more complete one box solution (you will have your own needs), are YouTube, Disney+ and Paramount+. If you can ween yourself off of recording, the Apple TV 4K option, especially if you are already in the Apple ecosystem, is a much more rounded option. 

@Profile closed wrote:

@Hickster2024 wrote:

…compensate for the absence of the YouTube app (and many others for that matter) from the EETV Box Pro and EETV Box Mini.

YouTube has supposed to be coming to YouView, then BT, now EE TV boxes for about 6 years and counting. 

BT / EE have never said it's coming.

darren

Profile closed
Not applicable

@DarrenDev wrote:

@Profile closed wrote:

@Hickster2024 wrote:

BT / EE have never said it's coming.

darren

They didn’t, YouView did before it was fully acquired by BT, more than once.

I've confirmed with the product team.  We had a few issues to start with, which prevented flexing your subscription.  These are now all resolved, and you can do it by calling in at any time.

We hope to have the online option available soon.