Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE TV on Apple TV

lg2704
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, 

Sorry if this question has already been raised but I cannot find an answer. I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

1. I have EETV on Apple 4K box supplied by EE with 2 EE mini boxes. I was wondering if its possible to have more than one Apple TV box supplied by EE to replace one of my mini boxes? I love the functionality and feel of the Apple hardware in comparison to the EE mini box and I like the flexibility of downloading more apps. 

2. If the answer to the above is no, then can I purchase an Apple TV 4k box from somewhere else and download the EE TV app on there? Will it give me the same channel access as the EE supplied one? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on this! 

@DarrenDev I am tagging you as every post I have been on you've been very helpful to others 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
DarrenDev
EE Employee

I'm afraid the answers are no, and no.  You can only have one Apple TV as part of your EE TV subscription, and any Apple TV not provided by EE will be limited to only watching TNT Sports, Eurosport, and Discovery channels.

Thanks for your prompt reply Darren! 

Is that a technical constraint or just a rule from EE that I cannot order more than one? Speaking with an advisor today and the tech team yesterday they told me it is possible, but I had my doubts hence my reason for coming here.

Only allowing a single Apple TV is a business/product decision.  Your primary box can be one of:

Apple TV

TV Box Pro

TV Box Mini

Additional boxes can only be a TV Box Mini (although any YouView box will work, if purchased separately).

Restricting the channels on Apple TVs not provided by EE is a licencing restriction.

Ah ok so its not technically impossible then I see. Ok clear thanks for clarifying that Darren. 

I am however slightly disappointed that I am unable to obtain an additional AppleTV box from EE, when signing up I was told this was possible but I would have to wait until my order was completed until ordering another. 

I am going to call again tomorrow and see if there is anything the team can do to provide me another because I feel I was mislead a little upon sign up.

Sorry if you've been mislead, but there is no flexibility - you won't be able to get a second Apple TV.  If you genuinely were mislead on your initial order then you have the right to cancel your contract without penalty.