Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV 4K and EETV app

Villafan87
Investigator
Investigator

Hey all,

After much trouble trying to order EETV with the Apple TV 4K it finally arrived today and my current EE contract has ended and I am now on ‘New EE’. 

The process of moving across to New EE has seemed a bit troublesome and after setting everything up I can not access the EETV app on the Apple TV. I’ve had all the confirmation that the order is complete but I just get error code AU002. Has anyone else come across this. I escalated with the tech team but it took a 30 minute call and the agent couldn’t get their head around I had an Apple TV box, not an Apple TV subscription. They escalated it to a higher team member who was also unsure of the hardware.  The training seems to have been really poor around it. I’ve chatted to probably 7 advisor on the phone who were all brilliant but just had no idea what was going on. Anyway it’s now with another team and I’ve been told it’s a 5 day wait for a fix. I’m kind of annoyed as the process to order the was extremely complicated and now I’ve further 5 days without the TV app. 5 days for a fix seems abit excessive at the start of a brand new contract.

Anybody got any work around or tips? My wife will kill me if she has no tv in her day off tomorrow 😂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry for the delay - we've found the fault, and we're working on a system fix.  In the meantime, I've manually fixed your account.  Could you please try it again?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DarrenDev
EE Employee

AU002 means a timeout or error trying to authenticate to our servers.

Could I ask you to please try again, and make a note of the exact time (to the minute) that it occurs?  It'll help me identify your box, and hopefully find the cause.

Thanks, appreciate the reply @DarrenDev . Just tried there at 18.29 16/01. 

The error message I get is attached 

IMG_0564.jpeg

DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry for the delay - we've found the fault, and we're working on a system fix.  In the meantime, I've manually fixed your account.  Could you please try it again?

Wow, that worked.

Thank you for the speedy resolution @DarrenDev 

Having the same issue myself. Moved from BT to EE. Apple TV error au002 and BTP-202 on the BT TV box that has been updated to EE. I’ve no subscription channels working now.