cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imei number for a buzzard 2

rebb
Investigator
Investigator

How do you get an IMEI number when you have a Buzzard 2 wifi dongle.

I want to unlock my device

Any advice would be welcome

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @rebb

Do you still have the box the device came in?

Katie

rebb
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your speedy reply.

My device is over 6 years old and I'm afraid that the box is missing.

I now have received the IMEI code from your operative and he has sent me the unlocking code, which is great, but the Buzzard 2 device hasn't a screen or any method of inputting the code.

Could you advise me on how I can be achieved.

Ray

Katie_B

Hi @rebb

Are you able to try another network SIM in the device?

Katie

Katie

I have just tried another sim and there is no signal.

Ray

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @rebb.

I would recommend giving us a call and speaking with our unlocking team who may be able to provide you with an alternative route. 

Katie

rebb
Investigator
Investigator

Katie

I have emailed them and will await their reply.

I have searched the EE website and there is something called the 'connection manager' where you can link your device if you haven't got a screen or keyboard. But that primarily is to read texts & messages, I'm not sure if that procedure would unlock the device.

I will let you know what their reply is

Ray

Katie_B

Thanks for keeping me posted @rebb

Katie 🙂

rebb
Investigator
Investigator

Katie

I have had several emails from the handset unlocking department, but each one is from a different operator and they just 'cut & paste' their response from the website, they do not read my reply.

I suspect I am dealing with a robot or one of those 'electronic call assistance' , why 1 person cannot deal with my query and just get it sorted.

They cannot grasp that I cannot get onto the internet with my new Sim, the light on my Buzzard 2 mifi doesn't turn green when switched on, simples.

I suspect the new sim doesn't work as the device is locked!!!

This reminds me of the song ' the Gas man cometh' by Flanders & Swan, well worth a listen if you haven't heard of it.

Ray

Katie_B

Hi @rebb

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Please place your other network SIM into the buzzard and search the web on a connected device 192.168.0.1, you will then be taken to a web page. Could you check if you are then prompted for your unlock code?

Katie