cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me buy

zoomvirus
Explorer

I want to buy https://shop.ee.co.uk/accessories/pay-now/atp-nreal-air-smart-glasses/details however I don't have an EE phone or broadband so I can't seem to get a buy button.

I made an EE account I'm logged in but it still won't work

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't buy Accessories from EE unless you already have an EE contract mobile or SIM. They are intended to be paid back with your mobile contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't buy Accessories from EE unless you already have an EE contract mobile or SIM. They are intended to be paid back with your mobile contract.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you, guess i won't be able to get these then as I'm not switching to EE just for a £400 accessory 

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Are you trying to purchase Nreal Air AR glasses by any chance? I am trying to buy them in a single transaction, no contracts or monthly payment plan - just a good old fashioned full price payment for product - but it does not let me for the same reason.

I am getting no clear answers

Yeah I don't know what's wrong with this needing a some sort of account/sim or whatever, EE are the only company selling these in the UK and are preventing potential customers from buying them because of this stupid situation they are I forcing on people.....

I'd too like to buy the Nreal Air AR Glasses but this is a bloody joke! There isn't a need to be restricted to be able to purchase these by having anything EE related, they have no Sim, and I have other means for my Internet, so what bloody bright sparks idea was this? £400 a pop bring missed out to those wanting these but not wanting to be with EE.... If only 10 people didn't want these due to not wanting to be with EE that's £4000 EE will lose out on, that's incredibly stupid business sence.... 

@SeumasRuadh : These can be bought directly by non-custs from certain limited EE stores. Have a search of the Community for someone who listed them.

@XRaySpeX Thanks, before coming on here to buy these or "try" to buy these we did the Worthing EE store which didn't have any, of which I don't think they really knew what I was talking about.... There is a guy who has some on YouTube, just a normal guy and he even said hardly anyone from EE knew much about it, both store and online.....

So when you say Non-cust? You mean Non EE customers, in some stores? Or I've basically got to phone around shops to see who does have them? Or order them in? 🤔

@SeumasRuadh : Yes, Non EE customers. 

Why not just search on here? Someone posted a definitive list.

Hi. I felt the same struggle, but eventually was a able to order and
collect them from a local store in Brighton. Part of the challenge is not
many EE staff know about them. I went in my local store (with advice on
what to say etc from another store from central london) and the plac3 an
order for me (with a £25 deposit). 2 days later i got a text advising they
are ready for collection.

I went in, paid the remainder and got my flasses. The staff showed a lot of
interest as they had not seen them before. It was definitely a challenge,
but i am very happy with the glasses. I recommend visiting a larger stall
and asking them to order them in for you as a non-ee customer. Thsy should
avoid all the co versations about contracts etc.

Good luck