cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 plan "out of contract"/"service expired" and wont connect on LTE

tombuk
Investigator
Investigator

My galaxy watch 4 will no longer pair correctly with my phone. It won't connect over LTE but does on bluetooth. Everything else works normally (calling over LTE, etc.). My watch plan contract has recently started showing as "out of contract" on the web and "service expired" on the phone app. Is this related? EE chat ensures me it is 'normal' for my watch contract to show as expired, but it seems very odd to me and quite likely the reason the watch pairing isn't working properly? 

16 REPLIES 16
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

If you call us, our Tech Gurus will be able to run through troubleshooting with you and help you get this sorted @tombuk

Leanne.

tombuk
Investigator
Investigator

Is calling different to using the chat? Different support?

Leanne_T

If you call, we can run through troubleshooting with you on the phone, to get this resolved @tombuk

See our ways to contact technical support here.

Leanne.

tombuk
Investigator
Investigator

I had the mobile plan deleted and now have a new one (apps don't say service expired anymore) but the watch still won't connect over LTE. What else can I try? Note again this problem happened when I accidentally deleted the pairing in the smart things app. Everything else is working except the connection when out of Bluetooth range. I shouldn't be paying for the mobile plan if this doesn't work. Please help.

Christopher_G

Hi @tombuk

I would suggest continuing with the troubleshooting with our technical support team. They should be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Chris

tombuk
Investigator
Investigator

For the benefit of others, this is now sorted. I don't actually know what resolved it, but the sequence was:

1. Re-pair. No LTE connection. Service was showing as expired, but as assured this was 'normal'.

2. With tech support, deleted the mobile plan and got a new one. Still no LTE connection.

3. Re-paired using a backup of data in my Samsung account. Still nothing.

4. Cleared the data cache in both wear app and galaxy manager app. This broke the pairing, so reset the watch and fully uninstalled both apps.

5. Re-installed the wear app. Re-paired, but this time I didn't use the samsung backup - I started again. This now works.

So - I expect what fixed it was actually fully deleting all saved settings and starting from scratch. No-one in tech support suggested that, but I guess it should always be the first thing to try! Thanks again to everyone that helped.

Christopher_G

Thank you for coming back to share your solution and the steps you took to reach it, @tombuk.

Hopefully this helps someone else in a similar situation.

Chris