cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlock phone

ionuttt
Investigator
Investigator

I moved abroad and my contract ended last month. I try to unlock it online but after I enter IMEI I get an error, "something went wrong on our side". I tried like 30 times.over the last month, it still does not work. Please get in touch with me over email and let me know what to do. I cannot call customer support as contract expired and I am abroad. 

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @ionuttt

Welcome to the community. 

What device are you trying to unlock?

Did you cancel your contract?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi,

Huawei P30 lite New Edition, the contract expired one month ago and I did not renew it. I was told by customer support that the device is locked and I will be able to unlock it online after the contract ends.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @ionuttt 

Can you text UNLOCK to 150 and let us know the response you get?

Jon

Unfortunately not, I dont have a contract anymore and also in another country, for good.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @ionuttt 

Can you follow the instructions on our Unlocking Page?

Or have you already tried this.

Jon

@ionuttt  You say your contract expired last month, Did you call customer services and give 30 days notice to terminate the contract ?  contracts don’t just expire they change to a 30 day rolling tariff until you give notice to terminate. 

Yes, of course, my final bill came to 0 pounds. I spoke several times this winter before the contract finished. Don't you have a way to check all tgese?

Jon, it does not work. And texting 150 also does not work now.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ionuttt 

Thanks for confirming. 

I am sorry we have no account access on the community to check this for you, please get in touch with our mobile care team who will get this sorted for you. 

Leanne.