Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B818-263 Router Firmware

Waughtimmer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Might anyone be able to supply me with a link to a website that definitely has Huawei B818-263 firmware listed and are not attempting to extort people by charging for it.

My Huawei B818-263 router since giving Huawei my router serial number and since sorting the YOUTUBE slow thumbnails problems by changing in settings to an IPv4 only setting with EE, has totally on its own, literally occurred after waking up and deciding to use simcard in router, started giving a red mode light. Satisfactory proof for me its not a hardware malfunction; 1. The suddenness and no reason for aspect. 2. The fact the auto update for router won't work requiring me to do manual  3. The fact restore to factory settings appears to do nothing apart from restart the router which it says its also going to do when selected yet in doing that factory reset, the complicated login password is retained.

So please does anyone know where I can get the router firmware either latest working (I will compare against what mine says before doing) or a retrograde back (if it will work, I will try anyway)?? And incase anyone is wondering, no I didn't do a custom or unofficial to cause this, I am a great advocate of leave bought devices alone on an if its my device basis(don't want to speak for others on this, a lot of people I wholeheartedly expect are cleverer than the firmware makers, if they aren't, well life could be simpler there too if we knew they arent), anyway I didn't as I know if I  dont, it should lessen problems later[should!] Anyways, please can anyone assist. I need a firmware update Optus software, router B818-263 but let's just say FIRMWARE FOR A B818-263 router, all I expect it can do if its a Huawei into an Optus box is say no.. so I will try whichever.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello I have managed to find router software online.
Optus the ACTUAL software/firmware maker for the Huawei B818-263 have been the biggest-jerks-that-sell that I have EVER encountered and I have left them an email saying how I am not happy how they have lack of assisted me for over 7 days for a simple request, with several emails from them yet not providing the firmware, it would have cost them nothing and helped someone in need of assistance for a device they are involved with and I had supplied them off my own back, proof of purchase, fact it was just over a year old and originally bought new. If the router bricks because of downloading this firmware from an unknown source I hold THEM at OPTUS entirely responsible and if it doesn't work AT ALL, they are now an unfollowable by me lead up. They have all ready proved they are no longer worth talking to anyway
I now have a 05016MWF, 05016MWE, 05016NAT, 05016NAU, 05016BPB, 05016MWG, 05022TJH to decide between for attempting this firmware upgrade..it's a really bad world when I am worried about carrying out an upgrade when i know operator error is impossible, as there is a box in router settings specifically for manual update, you press it and you then search for file on your pc to use, it should be foolproof providing file is not corrupt. Why would it be corrupt, I only downloaded (them)it today. If it is, and if that appears to brick my router so nothing else can be tried I still hold them entirely responsible as corrupt with this if it happens, could be corrupt in what theyd supplied, that's why I don't believe in pure corrupt, files are traded daily and people arent concerned and rarely get them. And they didnt assist when they actually afaic had an OBLIGATION to[they made the firmware that is in the Huawei B818-263 router] but chose to mess me around instead. I have asked Australian authorities and an international to follow up on what has gone on, specifically about their conduct.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You need to be really careful here otherwise you could Brick the Router, your best starter for ten is to Reset the Router, Power On, wait for Boot Up then press the Factory Reset button for at least 10 seconds.

if the above isn't working for you I would strongly recommend you don't try and install new or any Firmware off the Web.

My advice is to talk to Huawei UK direct, there a friendly bunch, they will arrange a Courier to pick up your Router, assess the issue, then give a price for a fix, or return the Router back to you without a fix.

Thankyou for your advice. It's all ready in a bricked state, not done by me. Huawei routed me to Optus, the firmware maker as they don't want to deal with router issue. Optus have had a few emails and are not providing for the simple request and they make the firmware which is what I am asking for. If router becomes bricked ITS ACTUALLY THEIR FAULT, no-one else's, i have been asking for a latest firmware and/or preJuly2021 one since prior to September 14th 2022 contact with them [prior to because it began with a Contact Form message from me to them and please note request for latest firmware was even requested back then, i have updated to current seeming more major problem in communication and am still asking for it, theres been 3 emails+1 contact form from me with communication back by them but they are just not providing in  this new seeming more major problem. They are throwing system+organisation in way].   Please do me the deepest favour and can we carry on this discussion in a week or so's time if you would like to carry it on but thankyou for the safety warning its appreciated. I really feel I would like a firmware for the router. If people set out to brick a person's just short of £200 router, they should be jailed and imprisoned. Somebody I firmly believe has all ready started the process. I am attempting to rectify it. I have tried regular channels, in fact currently still in trying(but they've had plenty of emails[Aussie Blockage Wombats!!] and replied back plenty of times just to provide it /them but havent) and am appealing for help again afaik on not illegal channels from EE  Community members if they can help. But genuinely, thankyou.

Hello I have managed to find router software online.
Optus the ACTUAL software/firmware maker for the Huawei B818-263 have been the biggest-jerks-that-sell that I have EVER encountered and I have left them an email saying how I am not happy how they have lack of assisted me for over 7 days for a simple request, with several emails from them yet not providing the firmware, it would have cost them nothing and helped someone in need of assistance for a device they are involved with and I had supplied them off my own back, proof of purchase, fact it was just over a year old and originally bought new. If the router bricks because of downloading this firmware from an unknown source I hold THEM at OPTUS entirely responsible and if it doesn't work AT ALL, they are now an unfollowable by me lead up. They have all ready proved they are no longer worth talking to anyway
I now have a 05016MWF, 05016MWE, 05016NAT, 05016NAU, 05016BPB, 05016MWG, 05022TJH to decide between for attempting this firmware upgrade..it's a really bad world when I am worried about carrying out an upgrade when i know operator error is impossible, as there is a box in router settings specifically for manual update, you press it and you then search for file on your pc to use, it should be foolproof providing file is not corrupt. Why would it be corrupt, I only downloaded (them)it today. If it is, and if that appears to brick my router so nothing else can be tried I still hold them entirely responsible as corrupt with this if it happens, could be corrupt in what theyd supplied, that's why I don't believe in pure corrupt, files are traded daily and people arent concerned and rarely get them. And they didnt assist when they actually afaic had an OBLIGATION to[they made the firmware that is in the Huawei B818-263 router] but chose to mess me around instead. I have asked Australian authorities and an international to follow up on what has gone on, specifically about their conduct.