cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Arcade addon text link not working - cannot connect

PatCogan
Investigator
Investigator

I have activated this add-on and received the text message with registration link. But when I press the link I get a “Cannot Connect” from the app store. The add-on is shwoing as active in My EE

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatCogan
Investigator
Investigator

I have fixed it! There is definitely a bug in the code that generates the links that go into the text.

To work around the issue I thought through what should be in place of the null, from my experience I guessed that if I replaced the string “null” with the string "&id=“ (ampersand id equals) it might work as the long number was likely an id. I left everything else in the link as it was. I then pasted my edited link into the phones safari browser address bar, I was then asked did I want to open the link in the app store - clicked yes, and then had a message saying Apple Arcade was being provided to me by EE. And I had Apple Arcade!

Katie_B I am happy to DM you the original link that didn’t work along with the link that worked for me if you want. Then I think it needs to be escalated within EE to get the issue resolved properly in the code that generates the outbound sms texts.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @PatCogan

Welcome to the community. 

Are you connected to WiFi when clicking the link?

Katie

debsfish
Explorer

I am having same issue.  I am connected to internet.

Katie_B

Hi @debsfish

If you are connected to WiFi please could you disconnect then try opening the link again. 

Katie

debsfish
Explorer

Hi.  I’ve tried this a number of times but still getting same message and unable to connect.

PatCogan
Investigator
Investigator

I tried disconnecting from wifi and clicked again - same issue.

PatCogan
Investigator
Investigator

Looking at the link I’ve been sent in the sms text it looks like there might be an error happening - I don’t want to paste the whole link in here, but in the middle of it there is a "null=123456789” (the 123456789 is a number I made up - the number in the text is different), but my point is to check whether the “null” string is valid? I work in IT and in my experience the string “null” often appears when something has gone wrong.

PatCogan
Investigator
Investigator

I have fixed it! There is definitely a bug in the code that generates the links that go into the text.

To work around the issue I thought through what should be in place of the null, from my experience I guessed that if I replaced the string “null” with the string "&id=“ (ampersand id equals) it might work as the long number was likely an id. I left everything else in the link as it was. I then pasted my edited link into the phones safari browser address bar, I was then asked did I want to open the link in the app store - clicked yes, and then had a message saying Apple Arcade was being provided to me by EE. And I had Apple Arcade!

Katie_B I am happy to DM you the original link that didn’t work along with the link that worked for me if you want. Then I think it needs to be escalated within EE to get the issue resolved properly in the code that generates the outbound sms texts.

I am having the same issue, Have replaced 'null' with '&id=' but no joy. Still getting can't connect. Are you able to share the link to me via DM to try?

Leanne_T

Morning @tomb777 

Do you have Apple Arcade showing in your EE app add-ons? 

Leanne.