cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make international calls from abroad

PSPeterman
Contributor
Contributor

I am so disappointed with EE, I have been a business customer with 5 phones for 12 years, I have never had a problem with international calls whilst travelling. I had a upgrade in May and I am now abroad for 8 weeks, I called twice before leaving to ensure my bolt in for roaming and calls was on, I can text and turn my data on but I am unable to call my clients in the UK. I can’t call EE and after several days of research I can see that the premium add on is off ( who would know that includes internationally calling) I have been into my account and it’s saying I can not make changes. Unfortunately what’s app doesn’t work for call in Egypt so I am

having to email and text clients back in the UK. 🥺

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PSPeterman

I'm sorry to hear this. 

You can find ways to contact our Business team on the Contact Us, help page, if you can get in touch the team will help you get this sorted. 

Leanne.

Hello Leanne. I am unable to use my phone for calls, I have tried messenger and no response, please 
Let me know how I can contact them? 

[mod edit: please don't post personal details on the forum]

Leanne_T

Hi @PSPeterman

I'm sorry we have no account access on the community, you would need call us from another phone on +44 (0) 7953 966 250. 

Leanne.

I feel so let down by EE Leanne. Who’s phone would you suggest I use for heavens sake? I have had 5 phones on EE business for over 12 years and have been left high and dry as a business customer. Your records will show I called twice before leaving the UK to check my phone was okay and I can’t even change the setting in my account. I have contacted messenger and there is no response. 
I will be moving my account once I return to the UK 

@PSPeterman , do you have Skype? There is a free number you could ring by clicking on the contact EE and then make sure you click on the one that says in the UK, you will find the free number to ring them. Hope this helps.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

You can’t use Skype or what’s app in egypt. Plus I haven’t even heard anyone use Skype in the past decade. I called EE twice before travelling abroad and was told the phone was okay, I will be removing my business from EE on my return

@PSPeterman , I was in Egypt recently, but then I did not look at those two apps to see if they work, but have found useful, and we always advise customers here, if abroad and need to contact EE there is a free number which works on Skype. My brother uses Skype for some people, plenty still do, as far as I know. \Wifi is not great in Egypt, but I suppose it depends where you are and how many are using it.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Yes. Neither of them work, unless you use a VPN, 
We don’t have a issue with Wifi, but I can’t call my clients which any business owner would find extremely frustrating. Thanks for trying to help anyway 

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum]

Leanne_T

Hi @PSPeterman

If you can access another phone in Egypt the team will get this looked into and remove this bar. 

Leanne.