cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data in Australia

evelyna1992
Investigator
Investigator

Hello! I’ve been in Australia for 4 days now and have purchased a roaming pass which worked perfectly until today. Now when I am not connected to wifi I have an SOS symbol where the signal bar usually is and no data. I have restarted the phone a few times and toggled the airplane mode button to jump start roaming - it flashes up with 3G momentarily but then inevitably goes to SOS. This is in areas where I have had perfect signal previously so am really confused! Any ideas? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
bristolian
Legend
Legend

What is the result from performing a manual network search, and connecting to an alternative operator, manually?

have tried to switch to the alternative networks and none work 😞 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

To be clear, are you saying that a manual search finds alternative networks, but you are unable to connect to any of them?

Which operators are showing, and what happens when you manually select them?

Yes, alternative networks show up.

weve got Telstra Mobile (straight to SOS symbol) vodaphone AU (straight to SOS symbol) and YES OPTUS (which flashes 3G but doesn’t actually allow me to do data roaming)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @evelyna1992,

Have you been able to test your phone in another location? This would help to rule out a local network issue.

James

Hiya! Yeah I’ve been all over Melbourne and it’s not working anywhere 😞 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @evelyna1992 

Are you able to try the SIM card in any other phone to see if you can connect to a network? 

Leanne.