Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to activate international calls

mon12345
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Has this change in the meantime? Cannot find the option!

How do I activate my international calls? I do have the addon.....

12 REPLIES 12
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @mon12345 

Are you trying to make calls from the UK to abroad? Or use your phone whilst abroad?

And are you on PAYG or pay-monthly? PAYG is auto-enabled for both, it's only pay-monthly phones that need to have the option activated.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mon12345 : International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So am on PAYG, I have a plan with 400 minutes and that add-on for international calls but I cannot call internationally.

So, can you help me understand?

My plan: £10.00

Unlimited texts

400 minutes

Do I need to add more credit on top of this in order to do international calls? 

And if the answer is YES, can u help me also understand if there's a plan that INCLUDES international calls as well? Because honestly you guys made it so confusing on the website, I don't get what the plans include....... I need to be able to call abroad as well as uk.

Thanks!

What happens when you try to dial an international number?

Can you make calls to UK numbers ok?

Uk Calls work.

When I try call abroad - Romania EU, it says ' I do not have enough credit'

If you text BALANCE or AL to 150, what does it say?

Screenshot_20210918-133158.png

Basically says I have current balance 0 and 397 minutes, unlimited texts, bla bla remaining until 13/10/21 from my pack.

Your talk pack minute allowance is only for calls to UK landlines & mobiles, not international numbers.

Your balance allowance reports a zero credit balance which is what's required to make chargeable calls - which includes 084, 087, and international calls.

You will need to add additional credit to your phone before you're able to make any of these chargeable calls.