cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental controls

Simonanddelilah
Explorer

Morning. Is there a way to stop one phone on the contract  being used at night. Our younger son is checking it through the night so wondered if I could do anything remotely. Many thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Simonanddelilah 

Welcome to the community.

Is this for connecting on through home WiFi or through mobile data?

Chris

Hi Christopher. Ideally through mobile data. We’re with gigaclear for broadband and I think we can do this on linksys. The trouble is he is over 18 but has autism and learning difficulties and so can’t stick to regular rules in the same way as other young people. 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for explaining some more, @Simonanddelilah. I'm not aware of a way to do this remotely for mobile data at the moment. You'd need access to the device to turn data off. Unless you remove the mobile data facility completely from the device, so that it can only connect to the internet through the WiFi, that you can set controls on. This would obviously mean not having access to the data allowance when outside of WiFi though.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There is an option within your myEE account to enable mobile data on a device-by-device basis, but this would need to be toggled on/off each & every time - it can't be automated or scheduled.

Android phones allow parental controls which has full automation & scheduling of device usage.

Christopher_G

Thanks @bristolian 🙂

Chris