cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant make or receive calls from abroad help

DINOBAMBINO
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I'm away on holiday and suddenly my phone doesn't work! Its not making calls and there's no data! I can't contact ee as there's just phone numbers? Help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

A spend cap is an amount that you set for extra charges on your account, @DINOBAMBINO. For example, if you had a £5 limit, the third daily charge would be rejected. Could you check your My EE account to see if one is set up please?

Chris

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
DINOBAMBINO
Investigator
Investigator

I don't know if I used all my data or why I'm not able to make phone calls or use any data. Please help 🙏 

What? Has someone phoned you from home to tell you that your Home Broadband & landline have stopped working? If so, you should report it to CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G

Hi @DINOBAMBINO 

Welcome to the community. We'll do our best to help you.

Have you tried restarting your phone and searching manually for another available network? Whereabouts are you? Are you on contract or pay as you go?

Chris

I'm on contract and currently in cyprus, I've tried restarting my phone and searching for a new network manually but it all seemed to look like they where on auto. Any other advice as it's really stressing me out that I've not been able to resolve this. 

Christopher_G

Thanks @DINOBAMBINO 

Do you know if you have an active Spend Cap and whether you're able to change/remove it?

Chris

No I've got a holiday plan £2.29 per day for eu roaming. So I guess there is no cap as its a daily charge! Is there a way I contact ee with no mobile data?

Christopher_G

A spend cap is an amount that you set for extra charges on your account, @DINOBAMBINO. For example, if you had a £5 limit, the third daily charge would be rejected. Could you check your My EE account to see if one is set up please?

Chris

I've checked it ended up being the spend cap, thanks so much for this, I've been trying to solve this all day and couldn't have done it without your help! 

Christopher_G

That's great, I was hoping that's all it would be. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, @DINOBAMBINO 🙂

Chris