cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular network not working from NZ

lucaric
Visitor

I am in New Zealand and my iPhone 14 Pro is unable to connect to a network. I was in the US, and I managed to connect to a network fine and constantly travel around Europe with no issues.

As I am not able to contact EE on any number from overseas I am posting here for guidance.

I have done the following:

• Turned roaming on
  • Have bought the roaming pass
  • Reset the iPhones network settings (General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
  • Checked to see if their is carrier update while connected to WiFi (there isn't) in (General > About)
  • Turned my device on and off
  • Turned my device on airplane mode multiple times and off again
  • Popped my sim in and out

The most interesting thing is that I have also tried to change my network selection to manual selection - when I do, I am able to view the 3 New Zealand carriers for selection - but when I choose each one, I get the same issue with still having no service.IMG_1848.PNGIMG_1847.PNGIMG_1844.PNGIMG_1846.PNG

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The roaming pass is just a billing add-on and is immaterial. Equally the mobile/roaming data options are irrelevant - these just permit data usage whilst roaming. You still need to be roaming in order for those to work!

Using your phone in the US is good evidence of roaming being active, in which case the only assumption can be a problem with the Kiwi networks in your locations. In order to get that reported, you would need to contact EE CS from another means and persist in getting a fault case raised - either +44 7953 966150 from another phone, or +44 800 0798586 from a web-calling app such as Skype.

This theory could be proven by travelling to another area and seeing if the same issues persist.