Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£550 bill while in India

Menlove67
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I have just seen approx £550.00 taken out of my bank account by EE. 

I am on holiday to India for a month. I contacted EE couple of days prior to leaving and spoke with customer  service with a view to alerting them I would be in India for a month. My account was activated/ enabled accordingly. Or so I thought .

I also took advice from the very helpful customer support gentleman who happened to be Indian and recommended  I take out an Indian Sim card which I did on arrival at Mumbai airport 3 weeks ago through Airtel.

I cannot access my EE account  as I am using my Indian Sim card. I know my Roaming has been switched off on my phone and only switched on few times temporarily  if I have had problems ge connection

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Connections not great. Well I managed to get into my EE mail account eventually  too. It transpires the calls were associated with me calling India visa helpline So I did not receive my evisa until 15 hours before flying. A lot of frantic calls. At least I know now but hard expensive lesson learned. Thank you James for taking the time to post

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community, @Menlove67 

I'm sorry to hear you've had an unexpectedly large bill.

Have you logged in to your account at EE login to review your bill breakdown?

James

Hi James,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. Connections not great. Well I managed to get into my EE mail account eventually  too. It transpires the calls were associated with me calling India visa helpline So I did not receive my evisa until 15 hours before flying. A lot of frantic calls. At least I know now but hard expensive lesson learned. Thank you James for taking the time to post

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for coming back to let us know, @Menlove67 

Chris

I presume these were International Calls from the UK.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a add-on, free on PAYG or £2 pm on contract, that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks Xray SpeX

really useful information  regarding making calls abroad from uk. I will organise when I get back to uk

Thank you

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)