cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor cellular network coverage for many years!

Charleeboy
Investigator
Investigator

Very poor network coverage for many years in Rossendale valley. Was not always so. Often no service or calls dropped. Unless I use internal Wi-Fi I cannot use iPhone at all on 4G.is anything being done about this? It belies the claim of top provider.

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Charleeboy 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having poor coverage, do we have any reported signal problems for your area showing on the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal if you enter your postcode, device and select 'check status'? 

Leanne.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

No network provides 100% national coverage, the best network claims are based on national benchmarking and all operators will have good and bad areas countrywide. Rollout & optimisation is an ongoing process.

How long has poor coverage been a problem in this location? Does the coverage broadly match the predictions on the coverage webtool?

Hello, Leanne,

The network coverage checker reports a good strong signal, which is erroneous. I moved to my current address n 2007 and the (the at that time Orange) network coverage was superb. Then suddenly, one morning, there was no service or poor signal and it has been that away for  around 15 years! This seems to echo what other users are saying on this message board. What changed? My neighbours have excellent  coverage … but they are not with EE…

See my reply to Leanne, Thanks..

Leanne_T

Hi @Charleeboy 

Could you select 'check status' and this will show if anything has been reported and being looked into at the location, if not, you can report the service issues and this will be investigated by the network team and you will get updates from this. 

Leanne.

Leanne, Thanks. How/where do ai report service issue. Please advise.

Leanne_T

Hi @Charleeboy 

On the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker | Check your signal page, please select 'check status' instead of 'check coverage' 

This will give you the option to check for any reported problems, or, report the service problems you are having 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

status checker acknowledges signal problem in the area where I live. Have selected keep me informed’ option.

Thanks

Charleeboy
Investigator
Investigator

Finally an admission that the phone mast local to where I live was or was to be removed by order of the landowner in 2023. New site etc. and new mast installation underway. No knowing or indication as to how long this may take. This doesn’t answer the question as to why the signal has been poor for around 15 years!