Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G down for maintenance?

Dave_Lonsdale
Investigator
Investigator

New to this forum.

My 5G service from EE cell tower 22795 (4G ID in cellmapper) has stopped working today.  Is there equipment failure or is it down for maintenance?  Is there any way to find out?

BTW, cellmapper only shows LTE band 3 but assume that cellmapper has not been updated.  I discovered this tower was transmitting a 5G service around one week ago.

On the strength of the 5G service from this tower, I have just upgraded a trial using EE’s network for my broadband router with Lycamobile to a 24 month contract with EE -  unlimited data and uncapped speed.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dave_Lonsdale  You can find that out for yourself with THIS  and click the check status tab  as this is EEs network checker.  You can also report an issue if needs be. 

Hello Chris_B
I tried your link and then check sevice status but the result was as
attached. What did I do wrong?
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Band 3 is primarily an LTE band, it's entirely possible that 5G has been deployed on 2100Mhz N1/1800Mhz N3 using existing antenna setup without affecting the existing B3-LTE deployment. Are you sure the NR-5G is coming from the same site, or a neighbouring one? Cellmapper is a crowd-sourced dataset, so get mapping!

You've not attached anything to your post, but you can also try checking mobile network status using https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee 

Hello Bristolian

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am aware that Band 3 is primarily LTE. I have a very directional antenna array and pretty sure which tower. Nevertheless, the antennas have not moved and as from today, 5G has disappeared. I hope this is temporary! But for me the service status check is not working. I am in Congleton area CW12
Sent from my iPad
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dave_Lonsdale,

Which error message do you see when using the network status checker?

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's not uncommon for new techs, when added, to come live for short periods for testing & stability purposes, before being accepted & ultimately being shown on the coverage map.

This can apply to all carrier-adds, both 4G-LTE & 5G-NR.

Oh I see Bristolian, thanks. It’s a pity we didn’t correspond before I committed to 24 months with EE. I do have a 14 day cooling off period.

The 5G service was very stable and if it was a trial, I would love to hear when it will be formally launched. After all, if the hardware is already in place, why not do it immediately.

It's unfortunate that the “check service status” facility either isn’t working for me or there aren’t any engineering works ongoing in CW12. I just hope it’s a temporary 5G outage.

Sent from my iPad

@Dave_Lonsdale wrote:

The 5G service was very stable and if it was a trial, I would love to hear when it will be formally launched.

5G as a national service is live and has been since launch in 2019. Rollout of new 4G & 5G coverage is an ongoing & BAU activity.