Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using data abroad

Danielle47
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help. I recently visited Switzerland and paid for a data roaming add on (£10) even though I was told when I renewed my contract that roaming was included. My allowances renewed whilst I was away but 3 days in a received a txt to say 80% of my data had been used (my phone was on airplane mode 75% of the time as I’ve been caught out by EE before so was sceptical). I NEVER run out of data in a whole month but my entire allowance has almost gone in just a few days. I have spoken to customer services and was then transferred to a manager who was no help whatsoever and gave me a breakdown of how I used my data and might as well have replied ‘tough’ and they advised ‘use WiFi’ and ended the conversation very abruptly and sarcastically. I have been with EE/Orange/T-Mobile since I got my first phone probably 25yrs ago and they have been great but more recently I have found their services and customer service really poor to the point I’m considering paying of my contract even though it’s only 3 months in just to go somewhere I would feel like a valued customer! So what I am basically asking is…Does the Data use at a quicker rate abroad? I hardly ever used my phone in the week I was there but somehow I am now left with hardly anything left. 

thanks all

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's you & your devices that use data at their own rates, not where you are.

Did you last renew your contract before or after 07/07/21?

What is your usual monthly data allowance?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

I renewed approximately 3 months ago and I have 4gb per month.

thanks

Then it is correct that you need to pay for using your allowances in EU.

4GB data / month isn't a lot.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)