cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling out of the country discreetly whilst using a shared data plan

Maiabutterfly10
Visitor

Hello EE community, 

I have a dilemma regarding being a user of a shared data plan. I am 20 years old, and unfortunately due to having quite strict parents they haven’t given me the leniency to travel out of the country yet. I am on my parents data plan, and although I have offered to pay for my own, they don’t want me to have extra bills to carry at this point in my life. However, I am planning a trip to Paris at the start of next year, and I am wondering if there are any privacy policies that block the account holder (which is not me) from being notified of my leaving of the country, and if so how I can disable this feature discreetly. I know what you are thinking, and I have talked to them about travelling and my need to do so but unfortunately they get quite upset at the thought of it. Please feel free to give me any help at all regarding how to go about this dilemma in a discreet manner. 
regards  

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Maiabutterfly10 

Use a PAYG sim and leave your current sim at home. 

Using your sim abroad will likely incur additional charges if roaming is activated on your account. These will show up as the plan owner will need to pay them. 

You might want to speak to the Samaritans about your issues outside of you EE account. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Maiabutterfly10 

Welcome to the community.

We would have to advise letting the account holder know if you're taking the phone abroad, since they own the phone and contract. Any charges incurred abroad would show on the bill. @Northerner's suggestion may be one to go with, although you'd have a different number.

Chris