cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMO 6MONTHWEB alternative?

tohaklim
Investigator
Investigator

Hello everyone, I am turning to the community yet again (although my account appears to have been cleared).

Got the dreaded text from EE saying I'll need to move off my beloved TMobile payg plan in 2023. Presumably, this is due to the 3G network being shut down in favour of 4/5G. I seem to remember hearing about this a year or so ago, but then forgot about it.

Ever since I started with T-Mobile, I've been using 6MONTHWEB to get data. A (not often enforced) 500mb FUP was fine for me, and I like the convenience of a 6 month pre-pay.

Last booster was bought in early September, so I'll end up loosing some of that in Jan-2023, but my question is not about this.

Can anyone recommend any alternative to 6MONTHWEB? Eg low cost, moderate data allowance, don't care about text/minutes, preferably with a prepay-and-forget option. From what I can see, EE PAYG is more expensive, and only comes in the 1-month variety..

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have a look on Amazon for "EE Connected Data SIMs". They come over various durations. As far as I know EE don't sell them directly.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, I've seen those. I would still want voice/text capability fallback (which I don't think data sims offer?), plus it seems like EE would be charging for EU roaming on those data sims

I believe they come with 100 inclusive UK/EU texts. If you're not bothered with calls you could always top them up & buy calls from your credit.

Like all PAYG SIMs, which they essentially are, roaming is free in the UK when using your allowances.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)