cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Virgin (o2) but unable to use data.

Loonsta
Investigator
Investigator

So I switched from o2 to EE and my number was transferred everything working fine but I can’t use the movie data I’ve tried all the trick. 

phone type : iPhone X 

I’ve turned it off and on alot

changed network setting manually

toggle all settings off and on incl : flight mode/mobile data/ services 

nothings working must be something missing I can’t do. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Loonsta  Go to settings>general and scroll down ,  do you see a profile option ?  if you do click it then delete that profile and restart the device.  

It might be under VPN and Device Management.   

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What Network settings have you been messing about with?

Have you rebooted it & then connected to the EE Network Operator manually?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Loonsta
Investigator
Investigator

Yes have rebooted many times, I’ve reset all network setting to no avail. 

I’ve tried selecting “EE” manual in the network setting doesn’t do anything. 
I’ve been and check online if mobile data is switch on it is, and it’s also selected 18+ ages restriction. 
don’t know what else to do. 

Loonsta
Investigator
Investigator

Just to update this I’ve just put the sim into a spare iPhone 7 and the 4g worked… I don’t understand I was using mobile data on o2 3 days ago on this phone. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Loonsta,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are their any carrier settings updates available for your phone?

Go to Settings > General > About and you'll see a pop up after a few seconds if one is available.

James

@Loonsta  Go to settings>general and scroll down ,  do you see a profile option ?  if you do click it then delete that profile and restart the device.  

It might be under VPN and Device Management.   

Thanks Chris B that was it! Under VPN and  device management I had a Virgin media profile saved I deleted it and boom 4g. 

thanks everyone 

@Loonsta  You’re most welcome .  👍