Roaming

dianakertesz
Investigator
Investigator

Hey,

I live in Norway for almost a year now and I had no problem using my data before.

Yesterday I think my data run out I've topped up and it says I should have 50 GB data and unlimited calls and texts but I don't have anything. How come I could use before without extra charges and now I can't ?! 

Please help me understand why.

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dianakertesz

As of June 6th 2023 pay as you go customers must purchase a roaming add-on to be able to use their subscription pack abroad. This is either £2.50 per day or £10 per week. 

Our PAYG service is intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically. 

If your usage abroad exceeds the time frame for stable link we will notify you by text. 

Have you received any texts about this?

Katie

It's strange because I was using it yesterday too and everyday since june 6 without any problems.

I have not recieved any text messages about that!

Is there a phone number that I can call for help? 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dianakertesz

Our customer care team can be contacted from abroad on +44 7953 966 150. 

Katie

I called this number but it only has 2 options. 1 for top up and the 2 for vouchers.

Can I speak somewhere with an agent ? On the phone ? Or can you help me with this ?

@dianakertesz  Try this number +44 7953 966 250     But you will have to pay for roaming as listed above.  

EE sim are for the occasional trips abroad, not for long stays so you’ll be better off getting a local carrier sim.