Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone internet wont work on certain apps even Wi-Fi doesn’t let me on them

OnlineStudent22
Investigator
Investigator

Hello can anyone help me??

i have received my new phone yesterday (IPhone 11) I have 25g of data and I’ve connected to my Wi-Fi. However it still won’t let me on certain apps that uses internet as it says their isn’t a connection or wait for internet. It works for Google but not YouTube social media or any form of it. I’ve turned it off and on taken my SIM card out and put it back in, restarted my phone, disconnected wifi and reconnected but it won’t work.

Please help it’s really frustrating and it’s getting me upset, I know it’s stupid but if anyone can help it’ll mean a lot.

thank you!

@iphone11 @internetnotworking @tech @techsupport 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@OnlineStudent22   The data allowance of your contract has nothing to do with the usage of Wi-Fi from your router as it’s not via the EE cellular network which would use your cellular data.    Have you tried restarting the router ?  

The wifi works on everything else but my phone and it still doesn’t allow me go on my apps

Sent from my iPhone
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@OnlineStudent22 Have you tried Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites. If just switching it OFF doesn't help, try switching it to STRICT, reboot your device and then switching it to OFF. That is seeming to do the trick.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)