cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data temporarily turned off by operator for sim 1

JasonMitchell
Investigator
Investigator

This message has appeared a few times over the past week or so and my data switched off. When I switch the data back on I get this message again and the data gets switched off. Any idea what's going on? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JasonMitchell 

I've had this happen twice over the last month. Once at St James park at the Rugby, second time at Old Trafford again for the Rugby. It was ok at the Emirates.

It doesn't happen at any other time. 

I can only assume it's connected to the number of people in one location, freeing up bandwidth if you're not using it. The reason is that when connected my device worked fine which was unusual as normally it doesn't connect becase of the number of people. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for replying. I haven't been at any events or anywhere particularly busy, just at work or around my home town. Both in different parts of the country so not even from the same mast if it is a mast issue. Still on hold to customer services (25mins) to see if they have an answer.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JasonMitchell

Have you spoken to our mobile care team on 150, since you posted? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi. Finally got through to customer support and after going through a few things (checking i didn't have data limit or data warning switched on) they suggested reseting my phone. They guided me through the menus and phone now reset. Fingers crossed that's it solved. It was almost a week between the first time it happened and the next time so only time will tell. Thanks. 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @JasonMitchell

Hopefully this is now sorted for you. 

Leanne.

Turns out this hasn't made any difference. Same problem this morning. After checking the Status on EE website for my area there are works taking place to upgrade the network. Should be OK in 2 days it says. Not ideal. 

Leanne_T

Hi @JasonMitchell

Hopefully this is resolved soon for you. 

Leanne.