cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data continuously down, can I leave EE?

SR1993
Explorer

My mobile data randomly cuts out in my work every week or two, and for 3-5 days at a time.
I pay to have 100GB so I can use my mobile data as a hotspot because I work in a hospital uploading images and hospital internet SUCKS.

I need to use the data to do my job.. and I would just like to be able to use the internet I pay for when I'm in work for 8 hours a day. Yes, the Data works when I'm home.. but I have EE internet broadband at home so don't need Data then. 

I've spoken to EE on live chat about 4 times now, and each time I'm told there is either nothing wrong in the area (when there clearly is) or that they are looking into it but it can take 72 hours. I want to leave because it happens too much... but every time I mention this I get fobbed off with 'It'll be fixed within 6 hours.' 

My question is really... Can I leave EE because it's not providing me with the service?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SR1993  As this is indoors and the building your in can/could be blocking the signal there is nothing EE can do about that.   No network Will guarantee a signal indoors because buildings can block signals and you cannot get out of a contract because of that.  What’s the signal like out side ?  

@Chris_B It's indoor and outdoor.
I normally go on a walk for lunch to the local Tesco 5 mins away and then around the local park (outdoors and no high buildings) and there is still no signal.
I think the mass is faulty again, but it's every other week now.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @SR1993 

@SR1993 wrote:

My mobile data randomly cuts out in my work every week or two, and for 3-5 days at a time.

Do you have coverage indicated on your phone's screen when this happens?

In other words - is this a loss of coverage, or a problem using mobile data when you have service?

The resolution for each of these two scenarios is different. If, as I suspect, you're reporting a loss of coverage, then the first check is to see if anything is reported under "check status" on the online coverage tool