cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on a Caribbean cruise

Beckydxoxo
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I am going on a cruise in January around the Caribbean. I know I will have to buy an add on for mobile data but because I am stopping off everyday at different places. Barbados. Dominica. Puerto Rico. Virgin Islands etc. 

I can’t put multiple places in to pay for roaming every day, is there an easier and cheaper way to be able to get data roaming for anywhere in the Caribbean for 2 weeks?

I am a PAYG customer. I normally pay £15 a month for my unlimited texts and minutes and my data. 

I just don’t know what to buy and how much I’ll be paying for 2 weeks in different places of the Caribbean. 

any help given will be appreciated thank you!!

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/roaming-costs/countries/ > PAYG. Upon arrival you should be offered these data add-ons for the Caribbean:Capture.JPG

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

£65 for 225mb is crazy that doesn’t even last 7 days. Is there any good eSIM websites I can do by any chance?

CFROSTY
Visitor

Agree with Beckydxoxo,  ludicrous addons, went to North Macedonia,  my 15mb lasted about 7 minutes, complete waste of money. You would have thought that EE could come up with something better than that, complete ripoff.  I suppose the best suggestion is to try and find a local internet log-on in a bar or hotel, or, other than an emergency, don't use it.

Hi cheers for the reply. I ain’t doing EE deal it’s a bloody joke,  I can’t connect to any wifi in hotels. As I’m on a cruise. I managed to find an eSIM that had 5gb for 30 days. That would easily last me 2 weeks just to keep in touch with family and friends. 

@Beckydxoxo wrote:

I can’t connect to any wifi in hotels.

When on a cruise ship, you are inherently at the behest of the cruise line for certain things. WiFi & telephony is one of them.