cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair use policy - 50gb per monthly cycle?

Bloody-Brexit
Explorer

Hi, I'm going to be travelling in France/Spain/Germany for 6 weeks and will be working for a period of that time and my job is data hungry (I use a 4G mobile data router in my motorhome).

My question is whether the £15 roaming fee is for 50gb per monthly cycle, or will I be charged £30 for two months, but still only receive a limit of 50gb. 

Thanks! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bloody-Brexit   If you purchase the roam abroad pass it’s £15 per month and you get 50Gb of data per month if your tariff allowance has this or more.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bloody-Brexit   If you purchase the roam abroad pass it’s £15 per month and you get 50Gb of data per month if your tariff allowance has this or more.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The FUP of 50 GB data is per billing month. As is the £15 charge for the Roam Abroad Pass.

For 6 weeks in the EU you'll be charged at least £30 & have the use of at least 100 GB over the period. However in some cases it is possible for 6 weeks to span over 3 billing periods.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bloody-Brexit 

The fair usage limit was in place on EE before BREXIT FYI. 

Best buy a local SIM if you are intending on using more. I would also suggest you make sure roaming is activated as you can buy the add on even when roaming is not activated. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks Northerner. It's a good point, FUP was in place before Brexit - but it didn't cost me £15 per month, per device.

#progress